Monday, July 1, 2013

Kamptee Hospital

Facebook group on Kamptee

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1391970817737169/


Kamptee Military Hospital was perhaps my most visited place after my house and school. I would land up almost every other day with an injury

When injured I would go straight to the hospital and get myself bandaged up and my Mom would only know after that.



Me in front of the Accident and Emergency. They should give me an award for the most visits. The doctors and nurses loved having me around. Don't know why?

I hated any tablets or liquid medicines but did not mind injections which surprised them, as I was around 8 years then. I still hate liquid medicines though have learnt to take tablets without choking to death.









Military Hospital Kamptee, Nagpur










Spent a few nights here too in fact quite a few. The doctors did not know what was wrong, and the nurses liked having me there so I was kept here more than necessary.

I would land up with a high fever whenever close friends or relatives stayed with us and then left.












The Dental centre also unchanged after all these years. Same method of cooking gas delivery after all these years.

2 comments:

  1. The room at the right end of the emergency block is the DMO room where the duty medical officer stays during the night. I used to do the DMO duties when I was posted at MH Kamptee from 1991 to 93.
    Dr (Col retd) Gopal Poduval

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nostalgic memories. We stayed in Kamptee from 1967 to 1969 or 70

    ReplyDelete