Monday, July 1, 2013

Nagpur General



I visited Nagpur on the 26th of June 2013 after 43 years. I spent a good part of my school life here so wanted to go back to see how much has changed. I was very happy to see that almost nothing had changed



 
Ashoka restaurant outside our school. We only went in for  glass of water as it was all we could afford, being free. The kind hearted waiters never refused us. Near to this is 'The India Coffee House', still operating. The India coffee house serves some of the best Indian Coffee and vadas.



 





The Moti Mahal restaurant. Great food. Had lunch here. Opposite our school.














Dinshaws Ice Cream. A quality Nagpur Ice Cream maker now gone nation-wide









The Maidan opposite the railway station. Trade fairs used to be held here. I can still hear in my head the songs from Aradhana being blasted over the PA system. It was a popular Hindi movie released then and also Carol's favourite movie then.



Our Rival School - Bishop Cotton School, Nagpur. They called themselves the Cottonians. We called them as tough as cotton. I had many good friends here.









Flooded streets on the way to Kamptee from Nagpur.











The Road from Nagpur to Kamptee.












The Nagpur Daily, There are other national newspapers but this is a Nagpur special















No comments:

Post a Comment